Due to recent structural changes within the business and its continuing expansion, we are currently seeking an experienced Bid Manager to join a newly appointed Bid Management Function. This is an exciting opportunity to join Allan Webb Ltd which offers career progression as we continue on an impressive growth path. The role will be Hybrid working, including working from home with visits to the company offices and/or customer sites when required.
Reporting to the Allan Webb Business Development (BD) & Commercial Director, you will have a strong understanding of best practice across Bid Management and Governance and be able to confidently manage the process from cradle to grave.
As a Bid Manager, your responsibilities will include the following:
- Efficiently and effectively manage the day to day activities (including the development of the Bid Team and associated line management responsibilities) of what is a newly formed Bid Function within the business.
- Develop, implement and take ownership of managing bids/proposals in line with the company governance requirements (including the Allan Webb Delegation of Authority (DOA) approvals structure and any related commercial/financial considerations).
- Be responsible for the development, implementation and continuous improvement of the company’s business winning processes (noting these are currently based on the principles of Shipley), tailored appropriately for Major Bids and also Proposals.
- Develop and implement bid/capture plans and schedules for each bid/proposal requirement, identifying the required resource, and manage the bid/proposal in accordance with the plan, ensuring applicable gate reviews are held in a timely manner.
- Lead the assigned bid/proposal team to manage creation of the bid deliverables to deliver high quality outputs in support of business winning proposals providing compelling offers to meet the needs of our customers.
- Manage multi-disciplinary bid /proposal teams, through working closely with the relevant functions across the business to meet the needs of individual bid requirements, including (but not limited to) the Heads of Capabilities, Commercial, Finance, HR and the wider Allan Webb Senior Leadership Team where appropriate.
- To maintain, manage and ensure optimal accuracy of the Allan Webb Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system, including support to the BD & Commercial Director in the maintenance, management and reporting of pipeline opportunities and associated forecasts.
- Support the BD & Commercial Director by undertaking Defence market analysis and providing market landscapes and competitor information, including the development, implementation and delivery of strategic campaign plans.
- Be able to travel when required to support your Bid Management activities, including attendance at key bid reviews and also wider team / customer meetings when applicable.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, ideally in an Engineering related subjected or similar
- Proven success in developing, managing and winning bids and proposals, such as the Shipley Process or a suitable equivalent bid process/methodology.
- Previous experience within the military/defence and aerospace industry would be advantageous
- Ability to prioritise and meet conflicting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Be highly articulate with excellent attention to detail with an ability to spot errors and omissions
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- Confident self-starter
- Willing to travel to support the needs of the business as and when required
- Our customers demand confidentiality and discretion and candidates must have an existing right to live and work in the UK
- Candidates will need to undergo an internal BPSS check prior to gaining site access
- The successful candidate will also need to either hold a current SC clearance or be willing and eligible to undergo a Security Clearance check (SC level) upon starting their employment with the company.
Please note this vacancy is only available to those who are eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship and who have lived in the UK for the last 5+ years continuously. All employees are required to undergo pre-employment screening and must be able to satisfy clearance criteria for UK Security Vetting to SC Level.
If you are interested in applying for this role please do so by clicking on the link below:https://awl.peoplehr.net/Pages/JobBoard/Opening.aspx?v=e0ec58ab-b877-4ada-8490-6567e1804f79