Due to recent structural changes within the business and its continuing expansion, we are seeking an experienced Bid Writer to join a newly formed Bid Management Function. This is an exciting opportunity to join Allan Webb Ltd which offers career progression as we continue on an impressive growth path. The role will be Hybrid working, including working from home with visits to the company offices and/or customer sites when required.
Reporting to the Bid Manager, you will provide professional and high-quality bid writing support for Bids and Proposals and be able to support the process from cradle to grave, including production of written responses, storyboards and other bidding collateral.
As a Bid Writer, your responsibilities will include the following:
- Expertly create and develop high quality content in support of winning tender responses providing compelling offers to meet the needs of our customer. This will be largely focused on Bids but, where applicable, also supporting, assisting and coaching the Junior Bid Writer in Proposal responses.
- Ensure that bids/proposals are actioned in line with the company governance requirements (including the Allan Webb Delegation of Authority (DOA) approvals structure and any related commercial and financial considerations).
- Support the Bid Manager in the development, implementation and continuous improvement of the company’s business winning processes (noting these are currently based on the principles of Shipley), tailored appropriately from Major Bids through to Proposals.
- Assist the Bid Manager in implementing bid/capture plans and schedules for each bid/proposal requirement, supporting the smooth running of the bid/proposal in accordance with the plan, ensuring applicable gate reviews can be undertaken in a timely manner.
- Perform an active role in multi-disciplinary bid/proposal teams, working closely with the relevant functions across the business to meet the needs of individual bid requirements, including (but not limited to) the Heads of Capabilities, Commercial, Finance, HR and the wider Allan Webb Senior Leadership Team where and when appropriate.
- To maintain and ensure accurate reporting of Bid/Proposal data within the Allan Webb Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system, including support to the Bid Manager in the provision of information for reporting of pipeline opportunities and associated forecasts.
- Be able to travel when required to support your Bid Writer activities, including attendance at key bid reviews and also wider team / customer meetings if applicable.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent (desirable, not essential)
- Previous experience of Bid Writing within the military/defence and aerospace industry would be advantageous
- Ability to prioritise and meet conflicting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Be highly articulate with excellent attention to detail with an ability to spot errors and omissions
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- Confident self-starter
- Willing to travel to support the needs of the business as and when required
- Salary band of £40-50K (depending on experience)
- 25 days holiday + public holidays
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Health Assured (a workplace wellbeing service)
- Membership of Perkbox (discounts on a wide variety of products, i.e. shopping, cinema tickets, mobile phones, etc.)
- Access to the Electric Car Scheme and Cycle to Work Scheme
- Buy additional leave scheme
- Our customers demand confidentiality and discretion and candidates must have an existing right to live and work in the UK
- Candidates will need to undergo an internal BPSS check prior to gaining site access
- The successful candidate will also need to either hold a current SC clearance or be willing and eligible to undergo a Security Clearance check (SC level) upon starting their employment with the company.
Please note this vacancy is only available to those who have the right to work in the UK without sponsorship and who have lived in the UK for the last 5+ years continuously. All employees are required to undergo pre-employment screening and must be able to satisfy clearance criteria for UK Security Vetting to SC Level.
If you are interested in applying for this role please do so by clicking on the link below:https://awl.peoplehr.net/Pages/JobBoard/Opening.aspx?v=8a1aeba3-2509-46e5-89cc-7e3f06510895