As a Data Scientist you will be responsible for delivering a range of machine learning and AI models, and also developing and delivering our graph capabilities. You will work as part of a new team of Data Scientists working in these areas, as well as working closely with our software development and product teams.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Develop advanced machine learning models in Python, focussing on: image processing; Natural Language Processing; and standard ML models such as regression models, random forests, clustering etc.
- Extract and manipulate data from existing SQL data stores such as PostgreSQL and SQL Server. In addition, we are embracing graph databases.
- Develop and maintain data science models in production, including deploying via containerisation methods such as Docker etc.
- Create data pipelines and a mechanism to monitor and manage these jobs.
- Design and build repositories to hold wrangled data.
- Mentor junior members of the team ensuring best practices are developed and then maintained.
- Work in agile teams, with code reviews and source control.
- Research new ML techniques and keep abreast of latest developments in machine learning, reading latest literature to identify relevant techniques.
- Learn new skills, to test and prove new technologies or capabilities and drive what you discover into working production solutions.
- Write blogs and whitepapers on contemporary and latest developments in data science and machine learning to reach a wide-audience.
We require Data Scientists with several of the following skills and experience:
- A degree in a quantitative discipline (eg Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Physics etc) from a reputable university.
- Minimum of 3 years’ industry experience writing high quality, production-grade Python code, with familiarity of code reviews, agile development and version control (Git).
- As a data scientist you will have detailed knowledge and real-experience on a range of AI techniques (eg supervised and unsupervised machine learning techniques, deep learning, graph data science and analytics, statistical analysis, time series, geospatial data, etc.).
- You will have commercial experience in building, developing and testing machine learning solution and models in Python using a range of libraries including: Pandas, numpy, scipy, scikit-learn, Keras, TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc
- Knowledge of SQL for accessing and processing data. PostgreSQL is preferred but general SQL knowledge is more important.
- Extensive Natural Language Processing experience including text classification, topic modelling, named entity extraction, relationship extraction and text summarisation. Familiarity with common NLP tools and frameworks including: Stanford’s Stanza, Spacy, NLTK, BERT, GLOVE, Spark NLP etc.
· Computer vision and image processing experience with R-CNN, OpenCV etc.
· Development and deployment technologies including continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins) and containerisation technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes).
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with stakeholders and clients to establish requirements in non-technical language, and the ability to translate those requirements into real solutions.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to explain data science concepts to stakeholders and large audiences.
· Well organised and accurate with good time management.
· Ability to solve real-world problems with independent research while being able to work in a team.
· Knowledge of graphs/networks, and graph algorithms such as pathfinding, centrality algorithms, and community detection. Experience of native graph databases is preferred, or at least experience of building networks in Python using Networkx.
· Emerging and contemporary fields of ML, eg synthetic data and privacy; Explainable AI and frameworks/tools such as SHAP and LIME.
Please note this vacancy is only available to those who have the right to work in the UK without sponsorship and who have lived in the UK for the last 5+ years continuously. All employees are required to undergo pre-employment screening and must be able to satisfy clearance criteria for UK Security Vetting to SC Level.
If you are interested in applying for this role please do so by clicking on the link below:https://awl.peoplehr.net/Pages/JobBoard/Opening.aspx?v=ffb863ee-9767-45dd-8cff-366688c6b7c3